Classical Music – Frequently Asked Questions
- What’s changing with Classical Music magazine?
- What are the benefits of the new website?
- How do I access the Classical Music website?
- How do I access my digital edition?
- Why has the number of issues on my subscription changed?
- How far will the Classical Music online archive go back?
- How do I contact you with any feedback on the website and new service?
- What’s the difference between a registered user and a subscriber?
Classical Music has launched a brand new website at www.classicalmusicmagazine.org which will host all the content from the magazine, plus many more news stories, reviews and features. Its aim is to provide an up-to-date website containing all the news from the classical music industry – giving you even faster, easier access to what’s going on.
In addition to the website and the magazine, we will be sending daily news round-up emails. These are put together by our editorial team and provide the best news from across the web: national newspapers, arts websites and international sources. In addition, we will continue to send the weekly newsletters that contain the best of Classical Music magazine’s own news and articles.
Because the website and daily e-news will provide so much up-to-date news, the magazine will now become a monthly title, with a focus on features and reviews. It will be bigger than the fortnightly issues and come out at the beginning of each month.
If you don’t currently receive the weekly newsletters, you can sign up at www.classicalmusicmagazine.org.
What are the benefits of the new website?
- More frequent and up-to-date news stories
- Classical Music’s full range of features and reviews
- Full access to all the Classical Music industry guides
- An extensive Classical Music archive
- Season brochures for major classical music concert series
How do I access the Classical Music website?
Classical Music (online only) and Classical Music Premium (print + online) subscribers
To gain full access to the website, please click www.classicalmusicmagazine.org/subscribe and fill in the registration details. Your Web ID is an 8-digit alphanumeric code which you can find on all written communication from us, as well as on the address label which comes with your magazine. If you can’t find your Web ID, please call us on +44 (0) 1795 856 0649.
Digital edition subscribers
If you have bought your digital subscription through Pocketmags, iTunes or Google Play, you will not automatically have access to the website. To gain access you will need to upgrade your subscription – please send your billing confirmation from one of the above sources to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be in touch with information on your upgrade. Prices will vary depending on the length of your current subscription. Once you have upgraded you will be provided with your Web ID which you will need to use to register at www.classicalmusicmagazine.org.
How do I access my digital edition?
If you have bought or upgraded to a subscription which includes the digital edition of Classical Music, you will need to follow the steps below to activate your subscription:
STEP ONE: link your account
- Sign up for a PocketMags account - this is so we can link your subscription to the app and provide you access to digital editions.
- When logged in (use your email address as your user name) click ‘My Subscriptions’ and then ‘Activate Subscription’.
- Select Classical Music from the drop down menu and then enter your Subscription ID and password. Your subscription ID is the email address with which you registered your subscription and your password is the Web ID issued when you subscribed. If you don’t have a copy of the Web ID then please call our subscriptions bureau who will happily help – +44 (0) 1795 856 0649.
STEP TWO: download the app
- Download the Classical MusicMagazine app: the app is a free download and can be access using the following links:
- On iTunes via: http://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/classical-music/id428938185?mt=8
- On Android via: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.triactivemedia.classicalmusic
- On Kindle Fire via the PocketMags Newsstand app: http://www.amazon.com/Tri-Active-Media-Pocketmags-Newsstand/dp/B0064SEHQK
- On Facebook via the PocketMags Facebook app: https://apps.facebook.com/pocketmags/
- Login to your PocketMags account in-app by entering your details in to the existing user section of the Login/Register area.
- Go to your library (the second tab at the top) and click ‘download’ underneath the latest issue.
If you don’t have a smartphone or tablet, you can read your digital magazines online, via www.pocketmags.com.
Why has the number of issues on my subscription changed?
The number of issues on your subscription has changed because, due to the exciting new developments, we’ve made Classical Music magazine a more in-depth feature-focused monthly title, meaning that instead of 24 issues a year the magazine will be published 12 times. Your subscription length (in terms of months) has not changed. With the website, e-news and the new monthly magazine, you will be getting more coverage of the classical music industry than ever before. If you any further questions about this, please call us on +44 (0) 1795 856 0649 or email us on email@example.com.
How far will the Classical Music online archive go back?
We will start with the latest issues, but over the coming months we will be adding more until we cover as much of the 36 years of Classical Music’s archives as possible. If you have any special requests, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
How do I contact you with any feedback on the website and new service?
If you have any questions or comments about the new website and Classical Music service, please send them to email@example.com.
What’s the difference between a registered user and a subscriber?
A registered users can gain free access to the news and opinion sections of the website, but will not be able to view the features, reviews and industry guides. Registered users can also receive the weekly e-newsletter. Click here to register for free now.
A subscriber has full access to the entire site by paying a quarterly or yearly fee. Subscribers also receive the daily news digest and can opt to receive a package which includes the printed or digital magazine. Subscription prices vary depending on package and payment option selected. For more information, please click here.